The Atlanta VA Medical Center is seeking candidates for its 2018-2019 Speech Pathology Clinical Fellowship.
The Atlanta VAMC is comprised of 173 hospital beds and 133 Community Living Center beds. Annually, more than 60,000 veterans receive health care at the Atlanta VA Medical Center. We are affiliated with the Emory University School of Medicine and are located in the heart of Decatur, near midtown Atlanta, adjacent to Emory University. The Speech Pathology team serves inpatients, outpatients, and residents of our Community Living Centers.
The clinical fellow (CF) will interact professionally with specialty services including Neurology, ENT, Medicine, TBI/Polytrauma, Nutrition, Nursing, and other rehabilitation therapies. The CF will gain experience and provide services in all areas of medical speech pathology, including evaluation/treatment of veterans with swallowing, speech and language, cognitive, and voice disorders. The CF may also gain specialized experience in artificial airways, neurogenic communication disorders, Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing, and laryngectomy care. We are seeking candidates with experience and a strong interest in medical speech pathology, as well as a desire to grow professionally in a complex and learning-oriented medical setting.
- The clinical fellowship is a one year, temporary appointment, without potential to become permanent.
- Start Date: Summer 2018
- Applicants with a strong academic background and clinical experience in medical speech pathology are preferred.
- Interviews will be conducted by phone. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview by February 23rd.
**ALL APPLICATION DOCUMENTS MUST BE SCANNED AS A SINGLE PDF FILE AND EMAILED. **
- 1-2 page resume including all relevant experience
- Cover letter describing your background and professional interests
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty or clinical supervisors
All application documents must be received by Monday, February 12th, 2018. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please email applications to: Christina.Huffman@va.gov