The VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System (VAGLAHS) is one of the largest health care facilities within the Department of Veterans Affairs, serving the 1.4 million Veterans who reside throughout Los Angeles, Ventura, Kern, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo counties. VAGLAHS consists of an acute care medical center, two ambulatory care centers, and ten community-based outpatient clinics and is affiliated with both UCLA and USC Schools of Medicine.
The Speech Pathology Department consists of nine full-time SLPs and serves the ICU, PCU, TCU, General Medicine, and Acute Rehab Units within the medical center as well as Community Living Centers, a Hospice unit, and a busy outpatient clinic. The department has close working relationships with many other services and is part of the Acute Rehab Team, ALS Clinic, Head & Neck Tumor Board, Parkinson’s Disease, Research, Education, and Clinical Center (PADRECC), and Polytrauma Clinic, among others. The Clinical Fellow will gain training and experience in the assessment and treatment of adults with aphasia, cognitive communication impairment, dysphagia, motor speech, and voice disorders in addition to working with special patient populations including head & neck cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, TBI, trach/vent, and AAC.
- The Clinical Fellowship (CF) is a 12 month appointment and tentatively scheduled to begin July – September 2017.
- The CF will work 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday) with a compensation package that includes salary, health benefits, and sick and annual leave.
- This is a temporary appointment without potential for permanent employment. o Only US citizens are eligible to apply.
- Applicants with a strong academic background and/or clinical experience in neuroscience, neurogenic cognitive/ communication disorders, voice, and dysphagia are preferred.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
- Email the following to email@example.com :
- letter of interest
- graduate transcript (may be unofficial)
- two letters of recommendation from faculty or clinical supervisors
- Send documents as a single PDF when possible.
- Email subject should read “2018 CFY”.
- All application packets must be emailed by Friday, February 9, 2018 to be considered.
Please contact Jenna Nuzzi, MS, CCC-SLP at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-268-3701 with any questions