Full-time opening for an outpatient Speech-Language Pathologist to join a multidisciplinary head and neck cancer otolaryngology team at a renowned academic institution. Clinician will provide detailed differential diagnostic interpretations, recommendations and therapeutic services to adults presenting with dysphagia of all etiologies, with an emphasis on head & neck cancer. Caseload includes management of laryngectomy and tracheostomy.
The successful candidate will work as a team player, participate in patient/physician outreach/education and manage patient’s swallowing pre and post-surgical and/or radiation treatment. The clinician will be expected assist in the training of student interns, residents, present in-services and participate in research upon request or interest.
Please include a letter of intent as the first page of your resume.
Education / Experience (required):
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience as a member of a head and neck cancer multidisciplinary team (may be CFY year) preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration:
- Current license or eligibility for license in Speech-Language Pathology issued by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech and Language Pathologists and Audiologists (or temporary license for employee in Clinical Fellowship Year).
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology issued by the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association (unless in Clinical Fellowship Year).
- Current Certification from American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers, CPR and AED.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and diagnostic skills (verbal and written)
- Extensive experience in performing & interpreting flexible endoscopic examination of swallowing (FEES) and modified barium swallow studies (MBS)
- Laryngectomy management, including stoma care, TEP and alaryngeal communication
- Dysphagia therapy (traditional treatment, lingual manometry & sEMG)
- Experience with pharyngeal manometry and interpretation a plus
- Certification as a Board Recognized Specialist in Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (BRS-S) a plus