Some facilities offer positions specifically for new graduates. While this is not the norm, they can be wonderful opportunities to learn. Typically, facilities that offer specific CF positions have placed energy and thought into determining the best possible learning opportunity for their clinical fellow. They have often considered how mentorship will work and know they have the facilities to provide the teaching necessary.
They can, however, be competitive, and it may be less likely that the CF will be hired on full time once they have completed the clinical fellowship.
Open for Applicants
- Lots & lots of VA Positions, viewable under “VA Positions” in the menu.
- Oregon Health & Science University – 2 Voice & Swallow CFs (Deadline: 3/31/18) (Start: August 27, 2018)
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (Deadline: ??, Posted: 1/17/18)
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital – Craniofacial Team (Deadline: 3/1/18) (Start: August 2018)
- University of Wisconsin – Adult Dysphagia (Deadline: 2/28/18) (Start: August 2018)
- University of Wisconsin – Pediatric Voice (Deadline: 2/28/18) (Start: August 2018)
- University of Wisconsin – Adult Voice (Deadline: 2/28/18) (Start: August 2018)
- University of Texas Medical Branch – 2 positions (Apply: Feb 28. Start: Summer 2018)
- University of Rochester – Acute/Acute Rehab (Deadline: 3/1/18) (Start: July 2018)
- Cincinnati VA – Veterans Affairs Hospital (Deadline: 2/19/18) (Start: Summer/Fall 2018)
- Johns Hopkins – Outpatient Rehab (Deadline: 3/1/18)
- Johns Hopkins – Acute Care (Deadline: 3/1/18)
Prior Opportunities (keep an eye out?)
- NW Center for Voice and Swallowing, Oregon Health & Science University (Historical application deadline: March 31)
- University of Kentucky Voice & Swallow Clinic (Has previously opened for applications June 1)
- Center for Craniofacial Disorders at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (Has had CF application due by April 1 in the past)
- Riley Hospital for Children (Announced first CF position in craniofacial anomalies in May 2017)